Friday 18 July 2008

Taking the plunge

I haven't been sure where to start so I have held off from writing a blog. I decided it was time to take the plunge and just begin. I think I have been a bit unsure of what may come out as I write but I feel it is time to be brave and just see what happens. The last few years have been turmultuous (is that a word?) to say the least. Perhaps writing will be a means of making sense of what has been going on and help me to reclaim time and space to be creative.

In order to begin I have decided to start in the present. I am sure the memories of past days will interweave with the new and fresh.

My son has been quite ill for a few weeks which lead to me staying with him in hospital for 11 nights. Often after a hospital stay it can take me a little while to reconnect with the 'outside' world, as opposed to the insular world that can exist within the confines of the hospital walls. I find it helps to brave it and get involved in community activities. This morning I attended MOPS (a group for mum's of preschoolers). It took me a little while to feel connected but thanks to some caring friends I was able to relax and not feel so isolated. It is a strange feeling to feel isolated even though you are surrounded by people. I am thankful that this feeling is not a constant but is somewhat of a coming and going. The ebb and flow??

No comments: