Friday 3 October 2008

to top it off

With the sunny weather we've been having of late I was on the quick hunt for some shorts and tops for my little man, as he has grown since last summer (as kids do). I was amazed that so many clothes in the department store had skulls and cross bones or little teddy bears.
I feel we have passed the teddy bear phase (not that we ever really got into it anyway) but I am not really wanting to dress my little man in skulls and cross bones, it's just not my thing.
Why is there a need to over embellish with cutesiness or nastiness for toddler boys. Just give me the striped polo top.
I know there are other options so I will just have to either look around a bit more or make my own.

1 comment:

Liesl said...

I'm with you. Everywhere I look there's skulls and crossbones and motorbikes or cutsie stuff. I like nice plain things for the boys, so I think I'll be making a few more of the summer clothes this year (though we don't mind the odd digger or tractor!).

PS. Look forward to meeting you soon!